Sunny's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunny's Forum

The official forum of the CCCP

+8
Imca
Etheru
Hilarity
8-Bit Wren
Vriska Serket
Lemurian
Raidou
Irene
12 posters

The reasons why I quit WAOA (and HSAU)

Irene
    Irene

Female Posts : 609

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Hydronix
    Character 2 Name: Cirno
    Character 3 Name:

The reasons why I quit WAOA (and HSAU) - Page 4 Empty The reasons why I quit WAOA (and HSAU)

Post by Irene Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay, me not being that great at roleplaying isn't the only reason.

There's more.(for WAOA)

1) I honestly had little in common with most of the other players except Pokemon.
    -A) The only arc I really wanted to do was the Quest 64 arc. The ammount of people interested was 0. Meaning that there wasn't a single reason to bother developing Brian, Mammon, or Guilty any further. Especially after Brian broke up with Garcie. But although Mammon and Lillian got along great, the big ole' demon didn't do anything at all.

2) Homestuck. Not that it's bad or anything, but it was used so much that it drove me off. I couldn't stand how overused it was.
    -A) This somewhat applies for pokemon. I love the series, but the fact that we see basically no gijinkas of other series is kind of lopsided.
    -B) Speaking of that, pretty much nobody liked Digimon(except Mimi, which I didn't even know, and Ajbcool, but he doesn't really play), and those were two of my best characters. I'm not going to bother with something no one really cares about(Matice and Toyagumon, btw).

3) My roleplaying skills. Honestly, I'm not very good at them. But you know that already.

4) Raidou. I'm not so much calling you out, as the fact that the last thing you said to me when I left is that you didn't believe that I could stay away for long. You refused to even give me that chance. That really hurt, man. Honestly, I have little reason to come back from that alone.

5) My characters. Most of them were terrible with a small list of those who weren't. And those were one-offs(Goro, for example). Bassy was horrible with no redeeming factors. Nobody liked "Raven" anymore.(or probably in general these days, except maybe Cly and Raidou a little) Sure, my current list was decent, but they were boring as all hell. Shao Kahn sat around doing nothing. Amy was still just a giant bitch. Doomtrain was no better. Diabolos was about the only one that wasn't a problem. Daisy was eh at most.

...Feel free to reply.

For HSAU

1) Way too much fourth wall breaking
    -A) Or metagaming, really. Yeah, I know I had Narrator who does that, but he never told a character where they came from or ever made it a major problem. The two particular offenders are Shiningknight and Mister Awesome. Shiningknight has actually acknowledged this problem and all. Mister Awesome refuses to, which pisses me off to no end. Either follow the rules, or I'm not coming back.

2) The ecchi.
    -A) There's a bit too much on Cly's end. But he's gotten better. Mister Awesome, on the other hand... eegh... yeah, it's not like I don't like it, but I want to roleplay, not describe every last detail. I'll read a lemon somewhere else, please.

3) Gender Ratio
    -A) This one's not nearly as important, just a pet peeve of mine. Why do we have 3 times as many female students as males? And it just happens to be Cly doing this so he can do more with Lesbian preferences. Yeah, the reason is obvious, and its tiring. I know Sun has trouble playing male characters. That's fine. There's no reason why Cly has to introduce yet ANOTHER female character. Nobody else has these problems.(I'm not terribly good at playing decent females, that's why I don't play so many)

Last edited by Bootybot on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 5 times in total

Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

The reasons why I quit WAOA (and HSAU) - Page 4 Empty Re: The reasons why I quit WAOA (and HSAU)

Post by Irene Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:27 am

@Revolver: To be fair, "Raven" looked past appearances and looked at who he was. A loyal servant who had much in common with her.

I appreciate the second thing you said, Revolver. It was just later on that quite a lot of my characters were pretty flat/boring.

@Rika: Thanks. I shouldn't give myself too much credit, since the only thing I really did was follow through with my plans, which in turn caused a not very good reaction. But eh, different interpretations, right? :P
    Lemurian
    Lemurian

The reasons why I quit WAOA (and HSAU) - Page 4 Empty Re: The reasons why I quit WAOA (and HSAU)

Post by Lemurian Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:46 am

Finally got back on these boards...

Just wanted you to know that I liked the way you wrote out Mammon and Guilty. Sure, it was a bit out of the blue from our point of view, but it made sense. I'm sorry your arc never came to fruition in-game.
    Irene
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:54 am

It was due to lack of interest. And hey, Quest 64 is pretty damn obscure enough, so as I said, I completely understand if nobody's interested.(or too few are) I won't hold it against someone if they don't like it. I don't like Homestuck, for example. Doesn't mean I want people to quit talking about it(just keeps the current thing on-topic if it's in the rules, respectively)

And thank you, Lem.

I will admit that I completely didn't plan for Mammon and Lillian to get together. He saw her as a great friend at first, or you know, someone nice to hang out with.(her being a giant and all)
    Lemurian
    Lemurian

Post by Lemurian Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:06 am

Heh, that's just how the WAOA works sometimes. :P
    Irene
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:46 am

And that's how I like it, nothing ever goes exactly as planned, which beautifully avoids railroading, really.
    arcadiarika
    arcadiarika

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Catherine Grayson
    Character 2 Name: Michael
    Character 3 Name:

Post by arcadiarika Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:34 am

@Rika: Thanks. I shouldn't give myself too much credit, since the only thing I really did was follow through with my plans, which in turn caused a not very good reaction. But eh, different interpretations, right?

More of a mixed/neutral reaction, really, which is saying something. And, yeah, it's all about different interpretations.
    Irene
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:55 am

Eh, there's about one person who seemed happy about the idea in general(well, not the characters' deaths, but the follow through), to be fair. But yeah, I know what you mean.
    Kiril
    Kiril

Male Posts : 13
    Location : Wales, but if you put him anywhere else,he will hide in the wilderness.

Post by Kiril Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Thank you, Hydro, for making a point and supporting my pseudo-point in WAOAA's discussion thread.
    Irene
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Glad to help, Revolver. :) I think it did a world of good for the roleplay.

Is it just me, or are the Avatars down?(yes, I mean on this board.)
    Kiril
    Kiril

Location : Wales, but if you put him anywhere else,he will hide in the wilderness.

Post by Kiril Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Just you.

Gonna play Ravenor when I get back to WAOA.
    Irene
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Sun May 01, 2011 2:43 am

I fixed it. Some wierd glitch.

Anyway, edited my first post to clarify stuff.
    Shiny
    Shiny

Male Posts : 63

Post by Shiny Sun May 01, 2011 2:54 am

Yeah I was trying to fix that problem. But its gonna suck without you since 80 percent of Daves interactions are with your characters.

But does this mean you could be considering returning to WEOAA?
    Irene
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Sun May 01, 2011 3:02 am

No. I have been thinking about coming back to WAOA, but the increases in stupid is just too damn high. Some are getting better.

Mind you, it's not the grammar of yours I have a problem with. It's the contrived coincidences and light bits of metagaming. Like why did Keyla decided to tell Maggie the day after Heiress happened to tell Maggie what Keyla did.

Likewise, your characters do tend to be one-note fairly often. Is there anything Keyla has other than sex and wangst now? I mean, seriously, she thinks that we're going to let her parents kill her? Come on, seriously. That's going way too far. In other words, cut down on the grimdark for her.

As for Dave, he comes off as a bit bland at times. Where' the personality at? As for the whole cyborg back story, I don't think it was needed. He was a Gadgeteer Genius. Prodigies are fine. It was fine. Now he has an excuse to wangst. Which, you know, being half machine is a poor reason to.

...I thought this about my stuff, heh. But whatever. Maybe I should've posted that on the Discussion.
    Shiny
    Shiny

Post by Shiny Sun May 01, 2011 3:16 am

Bad timing thats all it was. I was always planning on having her tell Maggie what happened yesterday but then Aika spilled it early then Heiress spilled it. I was kind of annoyed that happened. But I plunged on with it anyway as it was supposed to clear up the lingering plot thread. If theres one thing that bugs me is when plot points are ignored or abandoned.

As for the cyborg thing that was planned from the very moment Dave first appeared. There were plenty of references to the fact he may have been part machine from the start. Its nothing to do with wangst or anything its part of his character. There was never gonna be any wangst at all in Dave. In fact he was going to be a much happier character now with the lingering mysteries cleared up.

Can't argue with the rest of what you said though its all true and something I need to work on
    Irene
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Sun May 01, 2011 3:24 am

Actually, the reason that the whole Wangst thing was brought up was because that's what everybody thought Dave was becoming a cyborg for. You should really bring up these kind of ideas in the Discussion before doing it. I still don't think he needed to be one at all. He might go into Marty Stu territory because of it.
    Shiny
    Shiny

Post by Shiny Sun May 01, 2011 3:36 am

It sucks I never got to finish the Heiress story thats one lingering thread I never got to finish off. Thats what I was going to deal with today
    Irene
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Sun May 01, 2011 3:38 am

I don't think there was anything to finish. Heiress gave him the lessons, right? It's all good. Also, I'd rather discuss this on the official Discussion, and keep this for it's intended purpouse right now. No offense meant, Shiny.
    Shiny
    Shiny

Post by Shiny Sun May 01, 2011 3:39 am

sure
    CapedLuigisYoshi
    CapedLuigisYoshi

Male Posts : 433

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Cly Wuntwate
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by CapedLuigisYoshi Sun May 01, 2011 10:55 am

...What does this mean about, say, Shizuha?
    Irene
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Sun May 01, 2011 10:58 am

That's your call. I'll read what happens, but what she does is your business. Likewise, unless your characters say something to an active character, she(or anyone else) won't know what happened. Wriggle would find out pretty quickly that her roommate's gone, and so on with some other characters.

Likewise, I'm still poking around the HSAU Discussion, so I'd prefer anything to deal with that in general there. This is for more about why I quit.

Also, Lillian was going to tell her that Shadow was gone. Might be hard at the moment, heh. And yes, all my characters have left to their own worlds/the real world.
    Kiril
    Kiril

Post by Kiril Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:51 pm

NECROPOST!

Anyway, I've pretty much quit WAOA, sorry, guys.

Bit too much going on for me. Can't keep up with it, sorry.
    Irene
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:31 pm

Sad to say, but I may not rejoin HSAU.

The whole Cats being put down thing is really have its toll on me. The fact that I'm going to have to interact with Catgirls is just TOO much. It's one thing to interact in some odd forum game. But when playing an actual character, it's a heavy emotional attachment. And I can't take do that at this time. I've known them for 17 years. SEVENTEEN. And I've known you guys for barely a year. So yeah....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:19 am