Sunny's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunny's Forum

The official forum of the CCCP

+2
Etheru
8-Bit Wren
6 posters

Reasons I'm Contemplating Temporarily Quitting WAOA & HSAU.

8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Male Posts : 664
    Location : Australia. Yes, I'm surprised I'm still alive as well.

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Wren (Overlord)
    Character 2 Name: Falken
    Character 3 Name: Joshua Luminate

Reasons I'm Contemplating Temporarily Quitting WAOA & HSAU. Empty Reasons I'm Contemplating Temporarily Quitting WAOA & HSAU.

Post by 8-Bit Wren Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:30 am

...First off, I'd just like to say before I go into detail...This isn't anyone's fault as it is my own. Now, I'm going to explain as to why I might be leaving for a while.

At this current moment in time, I've been put under a lot of stress. Having a relative die is a rather powerful blow and despite putting up a facade of being strong and tough, it hurts more than I let on, espically when I have to consider the fragile mortality of those important to myself, ESPICALLY if they're one of the few things keeping me from breaking down completely.

On the other end of the scale, the restrictions on being able to play are becoming more and more tighter. While I am given a lenient amount of time, this has dwindled to the point that it's not really a fair portion, ESPICALLY considering the problems I have with my connection and there's no use in negotiating in this area.

Speaking of the connection, it's been getting worse of late, with constant lag to the point it freezes complete and requires Internet Explorer to be reset...only to freeze when it starts up again doesn't help matters considering it means I fall more and more behind.

There's also a lot of things and characters I have no idea about, but I try not to let this get to me since I'm usually able to play off them regardless...

And then we come to the fact my health is basically a roller-coaster and I've been smacked in the face with the flu. While I don't push myself too hard, combine the other factors above while trying to play make me realize how inferior I see myself to everyone else who's just flying along while I just lag behind.

I don't want to stop playing as I've really come to enjoy this game, espically considering writing is the only really talent that I have and without it, I don't really have anything to fall back on. Yes, I know the possiblity of Shadows of Troria being published is now 90% if my 'Final Copy' is as good as the Second Draft I've shown my publisher. But we all know it's going to fail anyway despite getting 1500 views of the unfinished 'First Draft' hosted on another forum.

...But I'm going to shut up now considering I'm probably only making things worse for myself. I'll say it again to let you guys know this isn't your fault, it's mine.

Etheru
    Etheru

Male Posts : 267

Reasons I'm Contemplating Temporarily Quitting WAOA & HSAU. Empty Re: Reasons I'm Contemplating Temporarily Quitting WAOA & HSAU.

Post by Etheru Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:21 am

If you do, I hope life gets better for you, Wren.
    Irene
    Irene

Female Posts : 609

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Hydronix
    Character 2 Name: Cirno
    Character 3 Name:

Reasons I'm Contemplating Temporarily Quitting WAOA & HSAU. Empty Re: Reasons I'm Contemplating Temporarily Quitting WAOA & HSAU.

Post by Irene Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:28 am

A flu you can get over. A bad internet connection you can't. That takes luck and time.

I hope everything goes well for you. And I'm going to miss you, man.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Again, I said I'm contemplating the idea of leaving for a while which doesn't mean I'll be gone for good. It all depends on how stressful tommorrow will be. ...I don't see why I'm pointing this out, though...but I'm glad you guys care.
    Etheru
    Etheru

Post by Etheru Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:13 am

Of course I care, dude, you're awesome.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:55 am

...Well, I can make my character likeable. That's a good thing. But it's sometimes REALLY hard to interact because of what's going on...Eh.

And thanks, Eth...
    Etheru
    Etheru

Post by Etheru Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Welcome! :D
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:15 pm

...Well, to be honest, I'm not expecting to get much else of a response from anyone else...Meh.
    Raidou
    Raidou

Male Posts : 262

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Rosalyn
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Raidou Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Up to you, mate. If health and tech are getting in the way of your ability to play, don't worry bout us. Take the break if ya want. We understand.
    Shiny
    Shiny

Male Posts : 63

Post by Shiny Sun May 01, 2011 2:29 am

I know I've driven you crazy a lot recently but I do truly hope you get better and I am genuinly sorry if all my screw ups have added extra pressure to you.
    Vriska Serket
    Vriska Serket

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Vriska Serket
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Vriska Serket Sun May 01, 2011 2:49 am

I know I'd miss you if you left WAOA, Wren. I like the friendship that's developed 8etween Jacky and George, and you have some really cool ideas for things to do during times when less plot is going on.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sun May 01, 2011 5:18 am

@Rai: At the moment...it's pretty much the tech and a bit of pressure on my shoulders. I've managed to beat off the flu for now and the satellite should get here in two weeks at the latest...

@Shining: I wasn't exactly that much of a RPer then and I've managed to improve...to a degree at least. My characters seem to be likable despite some thinking they're Marty Stus (because I typically play guys anyway...) so I'm glad I've managed to make something about my playing style liked.

@Oz: I don't think I'll be in any danger of leaving just yet. And, yeah. I'm kind of glad that George managed (despite it seeming rather hasilty) to end up befriending Jacky. As for the ideas I come up with, well...I'm glad that you like them, Oz. I just try to help out when things are going nowhere.
    Vriska Serket
    Vriska Serket

Character sheet
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Vriska Serket Sun May 01, 2011 5:30 am

I defin8ly appreci8 that, it's nice that someone's thinking up things to do other than "let's play have you ever" or "let's play truth or dare" yet again. And they're generally more light/fun things (well unless some people end up turning them dark 8ut that's not a pro8lem with the idea, rather it's an issue with the player who chooses to interpret it that way).

I just hope that our schedules allow us to continue to play together.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sun May 01, 2011 5:52 am

Well, it's far easier for things to happen in the RP if people can play while still in thier comfort zone instead of dragging them along for the ride since I try to be considerate on what others want. And my ideas are just basically the group goofing off when the universe (or in most cases, George) decide to hand them a shiny new toy and stuff happens.

As for schedules? When the satellite shows up, I'll probably be able to be on an hour or two more than normal. And yeah, I hope we can still keep playing despite time-zones and all that.
    Vriska Serket
    Vriska Serket

Character sheet
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Vriska Serket Sun May 01, 2011 5:58 am

Well, I start my new jo8 tomorrow, 8ut I should 8e on around this time of day if nothing else, earlier on some days and may8e l8r on others, so if you're usually on the same time you're on today we shouldn't have a pro8lem 8eing a8le to play.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sun May 01, 2011 6:43 am

Well, hope it all works out for you, Oz.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Mon May 23, 2011 5:33 pm

...Okay, I wasn't intending on posting in this topic again, but I need to ask a question.

The new WAOA High-School topic that's come up. Now, I KNOW that everyone's annoyed Sun's still busy and hasn't posted, but considering it's still there...why was there a new one?

I can see that a lot of other people who were still thinking about playing are there, so is this a continuation of it? Or something else entirely?

...I'm sorry for asking, but I get the feeling that my presence isn't exactly...wanted. I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to do...
    Irene
    Irene

Female Posts : 609

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Hydronix
    Character 2 Name: Cirno
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Mon May 23, 2011 10:37 pm

The only Sparty posted in is not new. I don't know why he accidentally bumped the other one, but it happens.

Also, you haven't been able to be on HSAU Version 2 lately, so nobody has (much) posted. And Chuck has been posting with some other straggles too.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Um, please read my post on the WAOA discussion if it's not too much trouble/haven't done so already.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:20 pm