Female Posts : 609

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Hydronix
    Character 2 Name: Cirno
    Character 3 Name:

The reasons why I quit WAOA (and HSAU)

Post by Irene on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay, me not being that great at roleplaying isn't the only reason.

There's more.(for WAOA)

1) I honestly had little in common with most of the other players except Pokemon.
    -A) The only arc I really wanted to do was the Quest 64 arc. The ammount of people interested was 0. Meaning that there wasn't a single reason to bother developing Brian, Mammon, or Guilty any further. Especially after Brian broke up with Garcie. But although Mammon and Lillian got along great, the big ole' demon didn't do anything at all.

2) Homestuck. Not that it's bad or anything, but it was used so much that it drove me off. I couldn't stand how overused it was.
    -A) This somewhat applies for pokemon. I love the series, but the fact that we see basically no gijinkas of other series is kind of lopsided.
    -B) Speaking of that, pretty much nobody liked Digimon(except Mimi, which I didn't even know, and Ajbcool, but he doesn't really play), and those were two of my best characters. I'm not going to bother with something no one really cares about(Matice and Toyagumon, btw).

3) My roleplaying skills. Honestly, I'm not very good at them. But you know that already.

4) Raidou. I'm not so much calling you out, as the fact that the last thing you said to me when I left is that you didn't believe that I could stay away for long. You refused to even give me that chance. That really hurt, man. Honestly, I have little reason to come back from that alone.

5) My characters. Most of them were terrible with a small list of those who weren't. And those were one-offs(Goro, for example). Bassy was horrible with no redeeming factors. Nobody liked "Raven" anymore.(or probably in general these days, except maybe Cly and Raidou a little) Sure, my current list was decent, but they were boring as all hell. Shao Kahn sat around doing nothing. Amy was still just a giant bitch. Doomtrain was no better. Diabolos was about the only one that wasn't a problem. Daisy was eh at most.

...Feel free to reply.

For HSAU

1) Way too much fourth wall breaking
    -A) Or metagaming, really. Yeah, I know I had Narrator who does that, but he never told a character where they came from or ever made it a major problem. The two particular offenders are Shiningknight and Mister Awesome. Shiningknight has actually acknowledged this problem and all. Mister Awesome refuses to, which pisses me off to no end. Either follow the rules, or I'm not coming back.

2) The ecchi.
    -A) There's a bit too much on Cly's end. But he's gotten better. Mister Awesome, on the other hand... eegh... yeah, it's not like I don't like it, but I want to roleplay, not describe every last detail. I'll read a lemon somewhere else, please.

3) Gender Ratio
    -A) This one's not nearly as important, just a pet peeve of mine. Why do we have 3 times as many female students as males? And it just happens to be Cly doing this so he can do more with Lesbian preferences. Yeah, the reason is obvious, and its tiring. I know Sun has trouble playing male characters. That's fine. There's no reason why Cly has to introduce yet ANOTHER female character. Nobody else has these problems.(I'm not terribly good at playing decent females, that's why I don't play so many)

Last edited by Bootybot on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 5 times in total

Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Re: The reasons why I quit WAOA (and HSAU)

Post by Irene on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:26 am

I don't hate you, Raidou. I just... don't take negative jokes very well. Bad childhood for that. As I said, I'm sorry for misunderstanding.

I like the played characters of Homestuck, just not the overused references. Basically, Vrischole, Jacky, Snowman, Beclarity, and Feferibot. The thing is, I don't want people to feel like they should stop referencing it just to make others happy. It may be one of the reasons I left, but that doesn't mean you should stop, you know what I mean? I don't plan on really reading it, though.

As for the Quest 64 Arc, it was the only literal reason that Mammon and Guilty were brought in.(and pretty much every single other Quest 64 character was tied to it in some way) Not to mention, they existed for that purpouse alone.

Nobody really showed interest in how I played Toyagumon out-of-character. I hope bringing Matice down to normal had helped.(atleast I worked within the game without it being an annoying reason, or some Reality Warping. Might've felt like an Asspull, though...)

...The reason I keep saying I never improved, or improved little, more accuractely, is because it's true. I only slightly improved in that my characters interacted more with the group, that was it.

If there was some way to redeem Bassy, it was lost quite some time ago. I had no ideas, and the lack of replies told me nobody else did. As for Amy... she was annoying most of the time. Not nearly as bad as "Raven" on that scale, but YMMV there.
    Etheru

Male Posts : 267

Post by Etheru on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:58 am

Snowman and Feferi are from Homestuck. The ghostbot concept just as much so.
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:04 am

Reread what I said, Etheru. I never stated that they weren't. I know that. Hence why they were the only mentioned characters in the HOMESTUCK paragraph. Eh, people misread things.
    Etheru

Post by Etheru on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:07 am

Right, it just looked contradictory.
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:12 am

Any opinions related to something other than a simple misreading, Etheru, though?
    Etheru

Post by Etheru on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:17 am

Only that your Self Deprecation can be extremely grating, and your refusal to budge about your opinions doesn't do anything to mitigate that.
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:21 am

Yours can be too, to be fair. I kind of meant more the points I brought up(in the first post), but eh.
    Etheru

Post by Etheru on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:27 am

Right, then, since I have nothing to point out... See ya, for now.

And I'm trying to get a little better about Self Deprecation. I'm aware it's grating, and I'm trying to mellow out about it. So far, I think I'm doing well.
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:35 am

I think you are too. You should visit the chat as well.

Okay... wow, we're getting badly off-topic. And this is my own topic!
    Imca
    Admin

Female Posts : 289

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Imca
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Imca on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:02 am

Off topic is alowed on the boards, If it gets to bad we just split the topic. Cool
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:16 am

Alright. Thank you, Sunova.
    Kiril

Male Posts : 13
    Location : Wales, but if you put him anywhere else,he will hide in the wilderness.

Post by Kiril on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:16 am

Well, guys. You can consider me gone from playing the RP's for the forseeable future. I have things I really need to sort out, serious or not, that I need to sort before playing the RP. That and I'm not to good at RPing :P
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:03 pm

I wish you good luck, Revolver Zen. It'll be fun to see you come back.
    arcadiarika

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Catherine Grayson
    Character 2 Name: Michael
    Character 3 Name:

Post by arcadiarika on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:18 pm

...well, Hydro, all I can say is that I wish you the best of what you want to do.
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:26 pm

Thank you, Rika. :)
    arcadiarika

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by arcadiarika on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:56 pm

No problem. And if you want to go back one day, the door's always open for you. (nods)
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:09 am

Well, I've been terribly busy these days. And the HSAU Version 2 topic is busier than ever.(running 9 characters and Narrator(who just showed up for a joke) does that to ya.)

Also, there's too many newbies... ones that are unnerving and don't specify their name. I know I wasn't perfect when I started(wangst overload), but still...
    arcadiarika

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by arcadiarika on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:16 am

I see, Hydro.

And a belated "hope you return to the game one day" to you, Revolver.
    Vriska Serket

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Vriska Serket
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Vriska Serket on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:33 am

I tend to have pro8lems with some of the new8ies too, not 8ecause they don't st8 the character's names (a couple of them do) 8ut 8ecause the characters tend to 8e kind of annoying and random in a 8ad way. Also, many of them don't post in the discussion thread and thus don't realize things like when the group might have separ8d and are in two places 8ut they're trying to interact with 8oth groups at once or something.

What I will say is that it is 8est to let the people who are still playing WAOA deal with things in the main game and in the discussion thread. Complaining a8out it in here is one thing, 8ut coming 8ack in just to complain or to try to police a game someone is not a part of and does not plan to 8e a part of is 8ad form.

(And it looks weird when I am typing a serious post in Vriska-speak, ah well. Consistency and all that.)
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:44 am

The annoyance factor too, but I was a bit annoying at the start, similar to them. And yes, please check the Discussion... -_-

And yeah, I should've just reported it. I did call myself a hypocrite of the situation, to be fair. And I don't deny adding to the off-topic bullshit.(as I put it) Also, the last thing I said about predicting? Everybody's going to just take Cly/Aceotaku's side, which I was right.

It pretty much proved my point that mostly everybody would rather gang up on me, whether I'm right or not.
    Kiril

Male Posts : 13
    Location : Wales, but if you put him anywhere else,he will hide in the wilderness.

Post by Kiril on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 am

I'm trying to start playing again now. Did earlier, but I'll try to make it stick.
    Vriska Serket

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Vriska Serket
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Vriska Serket on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:03 am

The reason people didn't take your side, Hydro, is that for one thing Aceotaku -did- try to play earlier that day so the point you were trying to make wasn't even valid, and for another thing you coming in as someone who made a 8ig show of quitting the game just to make critical comments is annoying, and saying someone who isn't playing the game shouldn't post in the discussion when that is exactly what you were doing is really hypocritical.

Just leave it to the people still in the game unless it is a clear violation of the rules, and then just report the post and move on.

Do you remem8er how people were complaining when Daionus would come into the discussion just to nitpick when he showed no intent to play? It's like that.

It would have 8een really different if you were still a regular player and if what you were saying was accur8. So don't come 8ack at me with "You're wrong 8ecause you don't understand my point!". I get what you were -trying- to do. I am telling you why I don't think it worked.

And that's the last I'm saying on the su8ject since I really, really would like to avoid arguing with you.
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:09 am

In general, most people go against me anyway. But I know what you mean in that situation. It just... pissed me off.

Although the other point of Cly replying "I dunno" was literally pointless regardless, though. Why reply if you're not going to help? Yeah, my recaps are often shitty, but it's better than zip.(and because they're shitty, I stopped giving recaps in general when I was still playing)
    Etheru

Post by Etheru on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:13 am

Stop overlapping your attention whore tendencies with Self Deprecation.

And that's it, my last post in this thread, I'm done here.
    Irene

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:16 am

I was telling the truth, Etheru. That's exactly what's happend almost all the time recently. Stop observing the meta and look at the facts for once. Fact: One person agreed with me about Cly and Aceotaku being off-topic.

Fact: People do tend to disagree with my views.

Get your head out of your butt with your poor observations and look at what's happening for ONCE. It's really tiring that you constantly never address the actual current issue at hand for an unrelated observation. So knock it off already. It's sickening.
    arcadiarika

Character sheet
    Character 3 Name:

Post by arcadiarika on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:27 am

...I really hate to do this, I really do, but I pretty much disapprove of the latest so-called "Heroic Sacrifice". And, yeah, I realize that it's coming from one who used to do it, but I've since outgrown that phase.

First off, yeah, you may have a point, but to everyone else, it's a bridge-drop. There are ways to get around canon. Hell, why else did I decide that at least "Time for Lightspeed" was non-canon in WAOA as far as Catherine's concerned? You could have easily had your characters defeat King Brian differently. That's just my suggestion, though.

Want an example of a Heroic Sacrifice done right? You weren't around for this when it happened, but aside from the obvious (hi, Flandre--even if you did come back--and Bit), Matt had one. He had to sacrifice himself to defeat the Retconinator. How did it happen? He fused himself with it, and Xenos, Yuri, and Zawman destroyed them. There was no other way around it. It was also his fate--once the Retconinator was destroyed, he would rest in peace, as he was a ghost at the time. And he wanted to atone for his past sins, thus, his sacrifice worked.

Yes, I realize that it may sound hypocritical, but...I just don't know what else to tell you. I'm sorry, I don't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:15 pm