Sunny's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunny's Forum

The official forum of the CCCP

+3
Imca
Kris
8-Bit Wren
7 posters

A Possible DnD Game: 'Mysteries of the Arcane Ruin'. Interest/Sign-Up Topic/Suggestion Topic.

8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Male Posts : 664
    Location : Australia. Yes, I'm surprised I'm still alive as well.

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Wren (Overlord)
    Character 2 Name: Falken
    Character 3 Name: Joshua Luminate

A Possible DnD Game: 'Mysteries of the Arcane Ruin'. Interest/Sign-Up Topic/Suggestion Topic. Empty A Possible DnD Game: 'Mysteries of the Arcane Ruin'. Interest/Sign-Up Topic/Suggestion Topic.

Post by 8-Bit Wren Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:09 am

Well, considering the lack of actual DnD/Tabletop gaming that happens here...I think I might try to remedy that since it might end up being fun. Since I only have rulebooks for 3.5, I'll be using the rules for that.

This will probably be a fairly big project, what with their maps, grids for combat so people playing don't get lost and can see what is where.

Now, there's obviously going to be a few things to make it interesting. Provided it can be converted into DnD terms, you'd probably be able to play it provided it isn't completely overpowered (or if it IS, then it has horrible drawbacks.) Generally, they'd have to have a 'class', though. (I.E, Fighter, Barbarian, Druid, Cleric, Wizard, Sorcerer, Paladin, Bard, Rouge, Monk or Ranger.)

As for the plot? Or at least the first bit of it?

'In the land of Salidun, a land of medieval times, with magic and mysteries yet to be discovered, from the earth emerges a mysterious and ancient ruin from eons past. Rumors have it that countless riches and magical artifacts lay in wait for brave adventurers to find them...'

Anyways, that's that. If we get interest, I'll put up the format for character sheets and the like. :)
    Kris
    Kris

Male Posts : 78

A Possible DnD Game: 'Mysteries of the Arcane Ruin'. Interest/Sign-Up Topic/Suggestion Topic. Empty Re: A Possible DnD Game: 'Mysteries of the Arcane Ruin'. Interest/Sign-Up Topic/Suggestion Topic.

Post by Kris Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:14 am

...Seems interesting enough. I think I'll join if this gets enough attention.
    Imca
    Imca
    Admin

Female Posts : 289

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Imca
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

A Possible DnD Game: 'Mysteries of the Arcane Ruin'. Interest/Sign-Up Topic/Suggestion Topic. Empty Re: A Possible DnD Game: 'Mysteries of the Arcane Ruin'. Interest/Sign-Up Topic/Suggestion Topic.

Post by Imca Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:42 am

Joining obviously~
    Lord Voldemort
    Lord Voldemort

Male Posts : 274

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name:
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Lord Voldemort Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Possibly joining as well.
    Neon
    Neon

Male Posts : 47

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name:
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Neon Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:57 am

Might join.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:15 am

Alright. Well, for the time being if people want to put up a draft of their character and their character sheet, I'll show you guys how to set it up next post and post the basic terms on the sheet now.

Name: (Self explainatory, yep.)

Alignment: (Again, this is generally what your character is like as a person in terms of morality. Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic is the first axis, Good/Evil the second.)

Height/Weight/Age: (Again, don't worry about this too much unless your character's old)

Race: (Right, this one's a little obvious. The normal D&D has Humans, Dwarfs, Elves, Gnomes, Halflings, Half-Elves and Half-Orcs. Each race has it's advantages and disadvantages which'll be covered.)

Class: (Again, it's clear. Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer and Wizard. This'll be covered soon on what their abilites are.)
    ---
    Now for the Stats. When it comes to determining your stats, you roll 5 D6 dice and add the result of four of them. Do this 6 times to roll out each of your attributes. You can assign the results you get to whatever stat you please.

In addition, depending on your stat, you can get a modifier, either positive or negative. For example... having 8-9 in Strength, you get a -1 Modifier to it. 12/13? +1. 14/15? +2 16/17 +3, and so on.

Anyway.

Strength: This is basically your physical strength. Meaning melee attacks, thrown weapons like a rock, carrying ability and Climb, Jump, Swim and Strength checks have your STR modifier added to the roll. For Fighters/Warriors, Barbarians, Paladins, Monks and Rangers, this is a good stat to invest in.

Dexterity: This stat is basically how nimble your character is. Reflexes and hand-to-eye coordination. It's good for characters wearing Medium/Light Armor/No Armor, such as Barbarians, Wizards, Monks, Rangers and Sorcerers since the modifier is added to your AC. If you're going to be an archer, you NEED this stat as your DEX modifier affects that, Reflex saves and Balance, Escape Artist, Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Sleight of Hand, Ride, Tumble and Use Rope checks.

Constitution: CON? Basically your HP and Stamina. Tanks like this stat, as your CON modifier is added to your HP every time you roll the dice to add more HP when you level up. This also effects your fortitude save and Concentration checks, which is important for spell-casters. ...Although if this ever hits 0, you die.

Intelligence: Well, one of the ways to show how smart you are. It's important to Wizards since it effects how hard their spells are to resist, how many they can cast and if you want to be skilled. The modifier adds how many languages you can start with, the extra skill points you get per level and Appraise, Craft, Decipher Script, Disable Device, Forgery, Knowledge, Search and Spellcraft checks.

Wisdom: Self-Awareness is good. WIS is important to Clerics, Druids, Paladins and Rangers as without this, they can't cast their spells. All of them need Wisdom of at least 10 PLUS the Spell-Level (but don't worry about that now.) In addition, the modifier is added to your Will saves and Heal, Listen, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot and Survival checks.

Charisma: Fun at parties! Well, okay, it's generally personality, ability to lead, appearance, that sorta thing. This is pretty important to Paladins, Clerics, Sorcerers and Bards, the first two especially since it effects how well they can fight against undead while the latter two get bonus spells depending on their modifier. This effects your Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Perform and Use Magical Device.

...So, yeah. That's your basic stats. Next post, we'll go through the rest~
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:44 am

Right, so, next up...

HP: C'mon, you should KNOW what this is guys. If this hits 0, well...you fall unconscious and begin bleeding out if you don't roll to stabilize yourself. Hitting -10 means you die. Now, depending on the class you pick, you'll be using different dice to determine your HP, as you gain one dice roll + your CON Modifier on Level Up.

Armor Class: This is basically how hard you are to hit. Your AC is 10 + Your Armor Bonus + Shield Bonus + Size Modifier + Your DEX Modifier.

Initiative: Well, this modifier is equal to your DEX, yup.

BAB/Base Attack Bonus: What it says on the tin. Basically, your BAB depends on the class you pick plus your STR/DEX modifier depending on the type of attack (magical doesn't count), which means how likely you are to hit.

Fortitude/Reflex/Will: Your saving throw stats are determined by your class and CON, DEX and WIS modifiers respectively. In any case, your sheet...should look like this.
    ====

Name:
    Alignment:
    Height/Weight/Age:
    Race:
    Class:

[Stats] Original stats go in (these brackets). Modifiers use [these ones.] Other modifiers use {these.}
    STR:(12) [+1]
    DEX:
    CON:
    INT:
    WIS:
    CHA:

HP:
    AC: (15) = 10 + [+3 Dex] + {+2 Bonus}

[Saves]
    Fortitude: (?) = [+?] + {+?}
    Reflex:
    Will:

[Other]
    BAB:
    ---
    Well, that should help.
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:16 am

Name: Kevril Millstone
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Height/Weight/Age: 5'6"/135 lbs./17 years
    Race: Halfling
    Class: Ranger

STR: (16)[+3]{-2}
    DEX: (20)[+5]{+2}
    CON: (19)[+4]
    INT: (19)[+4]
    WIS: (19)[+4]
    CHA: (15)[+2]

HP:31
    AC:(16)=10+[+5]+{+1}

[Saves]
    Fortitude:(8)=[+4]+{+4}
    Reflex:(9)={+5]+{+4}
    Will:(5)=[+4]+{+4}

BAB:4
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:19 am

Alright, so I'll let you know your equipment and other stuff.

You start with...

Studded Leather - +3 to AC, speed of 30ft, 20lbs.
    Short-Sword - 1d4, Critical Range 19-20/X2, 2lb, piercing.
    Longbow - 1d6, CritX3, Range 100ft, 1.5lb, piercing

Backpack with waterskin, one day trail's rations, bedroll, sack, flint & steel, three torches and bedsheet.

2d4 Gold.

As for feats and the like...

You get 2 feats of your choice. ...Um. I'll give you a list of those when I can. As for feats you get because of your class...

Favored Enemy - You get a +2 bonus to Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot and Survival checks against an enemy from the following list (at the end of the post). You also deal +2 damage.

Track - You can track something down if you pass a Survival check.

Combat Style - You'd probably benefit picking Archery over Two Weapon Fighting. If you do, you gain the 'Rapid Shot' feat for Free.

Endurance - You can sleep in Armor without being fatigued. In addition, you get +4 to saves against taking non-lethal damage, ie, suffocation.

Animal Companion - You can pick a badger, camel, dire rat, riding dog, eagle, hawk, pony, owl, snake (small viper), or wolf. This animal is half your level and used mostly for a scout, sentry or hunting animal.

Enemies to Choose From: Beholder, Bear, Golem, Black Dragon, Invisible Stalker, Dryad, Orge, Merfolk, Dwarf, Elf, Hobgoblin, Gnoll, Gnome, Halfling, Human, Orc, Kobold, Displacer Beast, Minotaur, Gelatinous Cube, Arrowhawk, Demon, Xorn, Devil, Salamander, Angel, Formian, Tiefling, Tojanida, Shambling Mound, Zombie or Monstrous Spider.

...Well, there's also skills, but I'll do that later.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:24 am

And because I'll end up dead typing up each and everything feat...

http://ronnmccarrick.com/rpg/baenrahl/pdfs/DnD3.5Index-Feats.pdf

There. Makes it easier.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:12 am

Lastly, skill points. Along the adventure, you'll be asked to roll to succeed at certain things, such as climbing. Anyway, as a Ranger, for level 1, you get 6 + 4 (your INT modifier) x 4, so 40 Skill points at level 1.

Since you're on Level 4, you get an additional 30 since you get 10 Skill points a level. Anyway, your skills are...

Climb, Concentration, Craft, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Dungeoneering), (Geography), (Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Ride, Search, Spot, Survival, Swim and Use Rope.

You also get +2 Ranks in Climb, Jump, Listen and Move Silently skills. You can also pick 2 extra languages from Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin and Orc.

...And you only move at 20 feet a turn. Right. And your starting gold is...

Nuffle
    Nuffle

Female Posts : 52

Post by Nuffle Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:12 am

The member 'Wren' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd4' : 1, 1
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:20 am

...Wait, did it wrong. Multiply by ten...
    Nuffle
    Nuffle

Post by Nuffle Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:20 am

'd4' : 3, 3, 1, 4, 1, 3
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Alright, the two feats I chose are:

1) Diehard - Automatically stabilize, can choose not to fall unconscious, behaves as if disabled, -1 HP for Standard Action/strenuous free action
    2) Point Blank Shot - +1 on attack and damage rolls with a ranged weapon if enemy is within 30 feet.

My favored enemy: Golem

Animal companion: Wolf

Combat Style: Archery

Skills:

Climb +2
    Concentration 5
    Craft
    Handle Animal 7
    Heal 5
    Hide 7
    Jump 5+2
    Knowledge
    --Dungeoneering 5
    --Geography
    --Nature 5
    Listen 5+2
    Move Silently 5+2
    Profession
    Ride
    Search 5
    Spot 4
    Survival 7
    Swim
    Use Rope

Languages:
    Elven
    Goblin

Last edited by Kris on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Okay, so Kris's character starts with 150 GP.

Anyway, here's Sun's Stat Sheet for her SPARTAN Warrior. Skills, Equipment and Stuff are in the next post.

Name: Z-082
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Height/Weight/Age: 175cm/65kg or 97kg/23
    Race: Human/Spartan
    Class: Fighter

Note: As a Spartan, this character gains increased Stats, which is noted in the +?=?.

STR: (13+4=18)[+4]{+2}
    DEX: (14+4=18)[+4]{+2}
    CON: (13+4=18)[+4]
    INT: (11+4=15)[+2]
    WIS: (9+6=15)[+2]
    CHA: (8+7=15)[+2]

HP: 49=39+10
    AC:(19)=0+13+6

[Saves]
    Fortitude:8=4+[+4]
    Reflex:(7)=1+[+4]+{+2}
    Will:(3)=1+[+2]

BAB:4
    Move Speed: 30ft.

Last edited by Wren on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Okay, time for Sun's equipment and other stuff.

Z-082 starts with 0 Gold. All armor listed is part of a set, therefore, it's combined weight is 750lbs (but weightless since it's powered armor. It's still Heavy Armor.)

Helmet - "Gungnir UCBRN", AC+2, (UCBRN) Upgraded Re-breather & Air Filtration - Resist all DC 20 or lower Fortitude checks against airborn pathogens, ie, poison gas.

Chest - "Tactical/Patrol", AC+1, +1 Hide Checks.

ShoulderL - "Commando", AC+0.5, +1 AC while being Flanked
    ShoulderR - "ODST", AC+1

Wrist - "Tactical/Tac-Pad", AC+0, (TCM) Tactical Command Module - Make Knowledge (Tactics) Checks, for every 5 points past 10, give all your party a +1 Attack and Damage to rolls for this conflict.

Knees - "FJ/Parafoil, AC+0.5, Knee Locks for the G-25 PAS Airfoil Carapace

Accessory - "Tactical/Hard Case", AC+0, Extra Small Weapons Slot

Visor - "A/x"(XHUD) Programmable Heads Up Display - +30ft Darkvision, +1 Spot Check

Modual - Jetpack User has the ability to fly (Clumsy) 3 round duration /12 round recharge Movement, moves at the same rate as walking.

Shielding - Energy Shielding Applies to forms of energy. Blocks 7 points of damage and recharges after 5 rounds after knocked offline. Z-082's AC is reduced to 10 while the shielding is up.

[WEAPONS]
    M6G Personal Defense Weapon System - Damage 2d8, Critical 20, Damage "Ballistic", Range 30 ft, Magazine 8 rounds. Size Small, Weight 3 lb. (40 rounds.)

Type-51 Directed Energy Rifle/Modified - Damage 1d6x3*, Crit x2, Plasma Damage, Fusion Powered. 50ft Range.

Combat Knife - Damage 1d6, Critical 20, Damage "Peircing/Electric", Size Small, Weight 1lb.

*Note: If the weapon is fired next round, the damage is 1d6x2 and 1d6 the round after. This needs around to reset.
    ----
    Feats

[EXTRA Feats & Flaws]
    Spartan Enhancements - Z-082 counts as being size Large whenever it is advantageous to her (ex. Carrying Capacity, Wielding Large Weapons, etc.) excluding Reach and Space. she still counts as being size Medium for all other purposes (ex. for Hide checks).

Spartan Endurance - All critical hit on Z-082 have a -2 to confirming. Immunity to all Forms of disease that would alter the form of the character I.E. Lycanthropia...Flood, ect.

Universal Weapon Familiarity - If a Z-082 takes 1 Hour studying and practicing with a weapon, they may treat that weapon as if they are proficient for the purposes of Attack Penalties, they may not use this ability to gain advanced feats that require proficiency.

Enhancement Adaptation - All age penalties become bonuses instead (ex. -1 becomes +1, -2 becomes +2), maximum age/life-span is multiplied by 3.

Beneath The Suit - Anytime Z-082 is out of her armor, she suffers a -2 Speech and similar Charisma checks. To compensate, she can sleep in her armor without getting fatigued.

And these other feats, but...they don't matter too much. :P)
    (Archaic Weapons Proficiency, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Advance Firearms Proficiency, Combat Martial Arts, and Exotic/Power Armor Proficiency )

[Chosen Feats]

Tireless - No matter the circumstances, Z-082 cannot become Fatigued.

Diehard - Z-082 automatically stabilizes if reduced to –1 hp or lower. When reduced to –1 hp or lower, she has the option of not going Unconscious. If so, she is 'Disabled.'
    This means she can make one Move Action or one Standard Action each round. If she uses a Standard Action (or a Free Action that is strenuous), she takes 1 hp of damage.

Able Learner - All of Z-082's skills are “in-class” and only cost 1 skill point. This does not effect the cost of learning a language or gaining literacy.

Endurance - Z-082 gets +4 bonus on checks for performing a physical action over a period of time, such as swimming or running, Constitution checks to avoid damage from starvation or thirst and on Fortitude checks to avoid damage from hot or cold weather or from oxygen deprivation.

Z-082 gets a feat every second level, ie, 6/8/10/12/14...
    ----
    Skills.

Z-082 gets 2 + 1 x 4 + 4 Skill Points, so 16 Skill Points for Level 1, 25 Skill Points for being on Level 4.

Her Class Skills are Climb, Craft, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Ride and Swim.

Last edited by Wren on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:25 am; edited 3 times in total
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:51 pm

A few more things about skills.

Quite a few skills need points/Ranks in them to actually be used. These will be marked with a * symbol. Also, note that there's skills that don't belong to your 'Class'. You CAN put ranks into them, but it costs two points for 1 rank. Finally, Skills marked with a # mean you suffer a penalty if you're wearing armor.

Anyway, the skills and how they should be set out on your sheet. Mark your Class skills with a C-

...One more thing. You only put skill points into your class skills which equals 3 + Your Current Class Level (which, at the moment, is four.) So, 7. It's 3.5 for non class skills.

C-Appraise*(INT) - (Total) = [Whatever Modifier is over by Skill Name] + {Ranks} + <Other Mods>
    ----
    Appraise(INT)
    Balance(DEX)#
    Bluff(CHA)
    Climb(STR)#
    Concentration(CON)
    Craft(INT) [Magical Item, Weapon, ect.]
    Craft(INT)
    Craft(INT)
    Decipher Script(INT)*
    Diplomacy(CHA)
    Disable Device(INT)*
    Disguise(CHA)
    Escape Artist(DEX)#
    Forgery(INT)
    Gather Information(CHA)
    Handle Animal(CHA)#
    Heal(WIS)
    Hide(DEX)*
    Intimidate(CHA)
    Jump(STR)#
    Knowledge(INT)* [Such as Dungeoneering, Geography, ect]
    Knowledge(INT)*
    Knowledge(INT)*
    Knowledge(INT)*
    Knowledge(INT)*
    Listen(WIS)
    Move Silently(DEX)#
    Open Lock(DEX)*
    Perform(CHA)* [Such as Music, Acting, Dance]
    Perform(CHA)*
    Perform(CHA)*
    Profession(WIS)* [Such as Librarian, Cook, Sailor]
    Profession(WIS)*
    Ride(DEX)
    Search(INT)
    Sense Motive(WIS)
    Sleight of Hand(DEX)*#
    Spellcraft(INT)*
    Spot(WIS)
    Survival(WIS)
    Swim(STR)# [Penalty for armor is doubled]
    Tumble(DEX)*#
    Use Magic Device(CHA)*
    Use Rope(DEX)

...And that's it for skills.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:18 am

Alright, so now we have Neon's Character Sheet.

Name: Bradman
    Height/Weight/Age: 5'9/190lb/23
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Class: Rouge
    Race: Half-Elf

STR: (14)[+2]
    DEX: (22)[+6]
    CON: (20)[+5]
    INT: (15)[+2]
    WIS: (13)[+1]
    CHA: (21)[+5]

HP:22
    AC:(18)=10+[+6]+{+2}

[Saves]
    Fortitude:(6)=1+[+5]
    Reflex:(10)=4+[+6]
    Will:(2)=1+[+1]

BAB:3
    Movement Speed: 30ft

Skill Points: 8+2 x 4 = 40 + 10 x 3 = 70.
    ----
    Equipment

Leather Cricket Pads/Outfit - +2 AC, 30ft Speed, 7&1/2 lbs.
    Short-Sword - 1d6, 19-20x2 Crit, piercing.
    Enchanted Cricket Bat - 1d8, 19-20x3 Crit, Bludgeoning, Non-Lethal Damage.
    Crossbow - 1d8, 19-20/X2 Crit, 80ft Range, 4lb

Backpack with waterskin, one day trail's rations, bedroll, sack, flint & steel, Thieves' Tools, Hooded lantern and 3 pints of oil. 10 crossbow bolts.

140 Gold

Last edited by Wren on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:09 am; edited 3 times in total
    Nuffle
    Nuffle

Post by Nuffle Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:18 am

'd4' : 2, 3, 4, 2, 3
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:59 am

Feats & Other Fun Stuff for Neon's Character.

Sneak Attack - This deals an extra 2d6 to a 'Sneak Attack' an attack on an opponent who's caught unaware, flanked from behind and other occasions which will be noted.

Poison Use - Assassins are trained in the use of poisons and may apply it to their weapons without penalty or risk.

Wisdom Brings Caution - An Assassin may also add their Wisdom modifier to their AC.

Evasion - If an Assassin makes a successful Reflex save that normally deals half-damage on a save, he takes no damage. This can only be used in light/no armor and is not helpless (ie, out cold/paralyzed.)

Knowledge of Anatomy - An assassin may add their Wisdom/Intelligence modifier to the roll of confirming a critical hit.

Uncanny Dodge: A rouge retains their DEX bonus to AC if they're caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. If immobilized, they lose the bonus.

You get 2 Extra Feats of Your Choice.
    ---
    Skills

A Rouge's Class Skills are...

Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (local), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Had, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device and Use Rope.

In addition, you also get a +1 Bonus to Listen, Search and Spot checks, a +2 bonus to Diplomacy and Gather Information checks.
    ---
    Racial Traits

Bradman has the languages of Common and Elven. He has immunity to sleep spells and the like, and a 2+ bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells/effects.

He also gets low-light vision, being able to see twice as
    far in starlight/moonlight/torchlight/ect.

And for all effects related to a race, Bradman is considered an elf, being able to use magic items usable only by elves.

...And I think that's it~

Last edited by Wren on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:00 am

Name: Aurora DiFresca
    Height/Weight/Age: 176cm/65kg/24
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Class: Rouge/Sorcerer
    Race: Human

STR: (10)
    DEX: (24)[+7]
    CON: (13)[+1]
    INT: (19)[+4]
    WIS: (15)[+2]
    CHA: (21)[+5]

HP:19
    AC:(16)=10+[+7]

[Saves]
    Fortitude:(1)=0+0[+1]
    Reflex:(10)=0+3[+7]
    Will:(5)=3+0[+2]

BAB:2
    Movement Speed: 30ft
    ----
    Equipment

No Armor.
    Shortspear - 1d6 Critx2, Range 20ft, one hand, piercing, 3lb.
    Light Crossbow - 1d8, Crit 19-20/x2, range 80ft, 4lbs, piercing.
    3d4x10 Gold

Backpack with waterskin, 1 day trail rations, bedroll, sack, flint & steel, hooded lantern, 5 pints of oil, spell component pouch.

Last edited by Wren on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:13 am; edited 2 times in total
    Nuffle
    Nuffle

Post by Nuffle Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:00 am

'd4' : 1, 4, 1
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:26 am

Righto, time for feats and other stuff, but fiiiiiiirst...for everyone who uses spells...

http://dnd.freeminded.org/tables/DnD3.5Index-Spells-Summaries.pdf

There's a spell-list. If you're a spell-caster, you'll need that.
    ----
    Feats.
    ...You get two feats of your choice. That's it. Too bad you multiclassed. :P

Well, okay, you get from two levels of Rogue...

Sneak Attack - Add 1d6 to a Sneak Attack.

Evasion - See Neon's Character for more.

(Feats Chosen)

Silent Spell: Spells no longer need to be said aloud to be cast.

Empower Spell: All damage roll dice are upped by 50%, so 2d4 becomes 3d4, 4d4 becomes 6d4 and so on.

Spell Penetration - Aurora gains a +2 bonus on Caster checks to overcome Spell Resistance. This stacks with...

Greater Spell Penetration - Which ups the bonus from +2 to +4.
    ----
    [FLAWS]

Overconfident - If Aurora is ever challenged to an act or to battle, she must make a Will save (DC 15 + character level) to back down. Failure means she suffers -2 penalty to all rolls and checks due to personal embarrassment.

This penalty is cumulative and will last until she/the group successfully defeat whatever issued the fight. by that caused the penalty. These penalties are negated during a challenge.

Archaeophilia - Aurora is 'somewhat' obsessed with ancient artifacts and major relics of all types. When encountering such an item, she character must succeed at a will save (DC 10 + half character's level + the item's ego score) or become fascinated by the object for 1d4 rounds. Whenever she tries to destroy said artifact, she must make the same save or will be unable to destroy it.

Should she be reponsible for it's destruction, sees or hears about it, she will suffer a Morale Penalty for all actions for 1d6 days, although a successful Will save halves this time.

Also, certain factors will make the Will Save easier/harder.

(Easier, so the overall DC is lessened.)
    Take 4 from the 'Item Ego Score' per level of difference in alignment. So, Lawful Evil would be -8.
    Take 20 from the check if it caused some catastrophe in the past which Aurora would refuse to let it happen again.
    Take 1 from the check for every hit points of damage she's received as a result of the item.
    Take 5 to the check for every friend or ally the item has caused the death of.

(Harder)
    Add 10 to the DC if possession of this item intact would allow Aurora to achieve some private goal. This is increased to +20 if the task is impossible without this item.
    Add 5 from the roll for every friend or ally who has been revived by the item.
    ----
    About Spells

Okay, you're a sorcerer, so you don't need to memorize spells. BUT, you can only know FIVE Level 0 Spells and TWO Level 1 Spells. You cannot change them once you've chosen them unless you change it for another spell on Sorcerer Level 4/6/8/10/ect.

Do note you get 1 extra Level 1 spell of your choice if you level up your sorcerer class again.

At the moment, you can cast Level 0 spells 6 times a day and Level 1 spells 4 times a day.

And Because of your high Charisma score, you get two extra Level 1 Casts a day (taking it up to 6 casts), along with 1 extra cast of Lvl 2, 3, 4 & 5 (but you don't learn those level of spells for quite some time.)
    ----
    Spells Chosen:

Level 0: Fleeting Flame, Silent Portal, Read Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound

Level 1: Ice Dagger, Shock & Awe.

(Descriptions next post.)
    ----
    Skills

For Rogues:

Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (local), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Had, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device and Use Rope.

You get 12 x 4 + 24, so 72 Skill Points for your Rogue Skills.

For Sorcerers:

Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Knowledge (arcana), Profession and Spellcraft.

You get 14 Skill Points for your Sorcerer Skills.

...And that's it~. Almost.

Last edited by Wren on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:57 am; edited 5 times in total
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:49 am

What Those Spells DO

Level 0:

Fleeting Flame - Gives a +2 bonus on one Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check
    Silent Portal - Negates the sound made from a door/window opening.
    Read Magic - Can Read Scrolls/Spellbooks.
    Detect Poison - Can Detect Poison in an Object/Person.
    Ghost Sound - Makes a Sound to Distract Opponents.

Level 1:

Ice Dagger - Deals 1d4 per caster level, so... deals 2d4 Ice Damage over an area of 10 feet/1 tile
    Shock & Awe - Deduct -4 from a Surprised Creature's Initative Rolls.

EXTRA Stuff/Unique Feats.

Princess of Winter: Aurora's offensive (as in damage dealing) spells are limited to ones dealing Ice Damage. As such, all damage dealt from said spells gets +3 points.

Dragonborn: Aurora gains +2 Damage and Attack rolls against Draconic foes. Also, this character is able to perform 'Dragon Shouts'.

Dragon Shouts: Using this as her combat action, Aurora can perform one of the Shouts she knows. The user cannot perform Shouts the following round and can only shout 3 times a day.

FUS-RO-DAH!: A shout. Range of 30ft in any direction. The target must make a DC/Fortitude Save of 30, if they fail, they take 2d6 per two character levels (starts at 4d6, capped at 12d6), are thrown back 50 feet and cannot hear for 5 rounds. Saving means they take half-damage rounded down and are thrown back 25 feet.

Also, should there be another enemy/person in their 'flight' path, they must make a Reflex save or get hit and sent flying as well to take half-damage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:35 am