Sunny's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunny's Forum

The official forum of the CCCP

+2
[FAZE]xXx420blaz3sc0pexXx
Mister Awesome
6 posters

ITT: We are in Giant Robots (Mekton RPG)

Mister Awesome
    Mister Awesome

Male Posts : 178

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: XCR-13 Mic Sounders the 13th
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

ITT: We are in Giant Robots (Mekton RPG) Empty ITT: We are in Giant Robots (Mekton RPG)

Post by Mister Awesome Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 am

May 23, Space Calendar 0111

Combat between the forces of the PDF and Republic of Gori has been ongoing for nearly four months. However, today, a new threat is due to appear. Into the scene enter three pilots with the PDF, on a routine survey mission.

Prologue: But, I'm not a pilot!

Aboard the Arcana, in the briefing room:

Captain Moses Hikari: "Okay, our intel reports that some Gori troops should be in the area. There's a small town nearby, though, so try to avoid collateral damage."

The captain looks pointedly at the gynoid sitting to his right, knowing fully that her mech is primarily built for heavy artillery bombardment.

"Now, seeing as how two of the... *looks irritated at the low number* three pilots assigned to this ship haven't seen any real combat before, I'll take a few minutes to make sure everyone is clear on standard operating procedure and their specific orders."

He falls silent and looks across the table.

Meanwhile, in the aforementioned small town, a young man is hanging about his room when he notices an unfamiliar object, a small golden cylinder...

Male Posts : 420

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Roland
    Character 2 Name: Mordecai
    Character 3 Name: Lilith

ITT: We are in Giant Robots (Mekton RPG) Empty Re: ITT: We are in Giant Robots (Mekton RPG)

Post by [FAZE]xXx420blaz3sc0pexXx Tue May 24, 2011 1:55 am

Jacob sat at the table there, leaning in and being attentive, yet at the same time looking relaxed - something hard to do.

He wouldn't have to listen to it, but he knew what he was doing. And it was nice to get a refresher on standard protocol, especially when you're piloting a 100 ton humanoid Kriegermech modified for the sole purpose of blowing things up.
    Imca
    Imca
    Admin

Female Posts : 289

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Imca
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

ITT: We are in Giant Robots (Mekton RPG) Empty Re: ITT: We are in Giant Robots (Mekton RPG)

Post by Imca Tue May 24, 2011 1:59 am

Mizuki sits there attentive she is tempted to say something about how collateral damage is preferable to enemies getting away to fight and cause more destruction but ignores the temptation to say any thing instead remaining silent.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Male Posts : 664
    Location : Australia. Yes, I'm surprised I'm still alive as well.

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Wren (Overlord)
    Character 2 Name: Falken
    Character 3 Name: Joshua Luminate

Post by 8-Bit Wren Tue May 24, 2011 2:13 am

A youth sat at the table, dressed in rather regal clothes. A silver tuxedo with blue lining and a black cape held in place with what looked like a shield with the word 'Perseverance' on it, he seemed to be paying attention. Those aquatic eyes showed he'd at least gotten the gist of all of this.

...There was some annoyance. While it was true he was a new recruit, the details didn't matter that much. He was merely following the request he was given and looked up at his superior.

"I can assure you, sir, I'm completely aware of what's expected of me. As the heir to the Annetts blood-line, I promise you that I will not fail in my duty."

Mister Awesome
    Mister Awesome

Character sheet
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Mister Awesome Tue May 24, 2011 2:21 am

The captain rubs the bridge of his nose.

"*sighs* Well, if there's no questions, get to the hangar and prepare to sortie. We should be over the operation zone in about thirty minutes. Be careful, these guys mean business."

Character sheet

Post by [FAZE]xXx420blaz3sc0pexXx Tue May 24, 2011 2:23 am

Jacob got up, and cracked his knuckles, before heading out into the hallway leading to the hangar with the squad. He was silent for now. Better let them take the first questions.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Tue May 24, 2011 2:28 am

The youth nodded as he got up.

"Well...I'm no pilot yet. I've only flown in my suit once, but the simulations will help. Still, I know the objectives and we'll be fine."

He simply gave a confident smile as he eventually made his way to his Mobile Suit...
    Imca
    Imca
    Admin

Character sheet
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Imca Tue May 24, 2011 2:31 am

Mizuki salutes the commander and walks to the hanger not needing any thing answered

Character sheet

Post by [FAZE]xXx420blaz3sc0pexXx Tue May 24, 2011 2:33 am

"Don't underestimate the enemy. If you do, you'll die fast."

Jacob walked over to the Lone Firewolf, his custom red-and-green Atlas BattleMech, and ascended the elevator needed to get inside.
    Imca
    Imca
    Admin

Character sheet
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Imca Tue May 24, 2011 2:40 am

"The same can be said about them under estimating us" Mizuki said, her voice had a slight electronic echo almost unnoticeable. She then proceeded to grapple hook the cockpit of her black and red artillery platform.
    Mister Awesome
    Mister Awesome

Character sheet
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Mister Awesome Tue May 24, 2011 2:41 am

As the pilots enter their mechs, the hangar door opens, revealing the countryside. Two launching ramps are prepared, one for Jacob and Lee each. The ship crew guide Mizuki to a platform similar to an elevator, it appears they intend to lower her mech to the ground that way.

The ship reaches the operational zone and you are all given the go-ahead to launch. The region is heavily wooded, with a number of hills. Less than a mile to the west is that town the captain warned you about.

Character sheet

Post by [FAZE]xXx420blaz3sc0pexXx Tue May 24, 2011 2:42 am

Jacob prepped the Lone Firestar. After checking to see if everything worked properly, the Atlas began walking over to its deployment ramp.
    ಠ_ರೃ
    ಠ_ರೃ

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Luca
    Character 2 Name: Garcie
    Character 3 Name: Sapph

Post by ಠ_ರೃ Tue May 24, 2011 2:47 am

The aforementioned young man, Nagai, was sitting in his room that day, as previously stated. He was watching footage of some of the latest mecha battles that have happened nearby, in awe.

"WOOO! Damn, these guys are awesome! I mean, wow! "

He begins daydreaming about himself piloting one of those things. He spends quite a long time doing it, in fact. It's only whe about ten minutes have passed when he realizes a golden cylinder has been sitting in his room.

"Hmmmm? What's this?"

He inspects it, curious.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Tue May 24, 2011 2:47 am

The youth simply looked over at the man who was likely a few years his senior and folded his arms, contemplating the words that'd been spoken with care. He seemed to nod.

"True. But in battle, even an impossible conflict can be turned back if one keeps a level head. In the end, a fight is like a waltz. The moment you lose the beat...the movements...it's over."
    Mister Awesome
    Mister Awesome

Character sheet
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Mister Awesome Tue May 24, 2011 2:51 am

Upon closer inspection the odd cylinder, seemingly of its own accord, opens and unfolds, revealing... something. It has a lot of buttons and flashing lights, and a big display in the middle with an arrow pointing toward the big hill on the east end of town. At least, you're pretty sure that's where it's pointing.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Tue May 24, 2011 2:57 am

The youth climbed into his silver and blue suit, the cockpit which was inside the torso. Lights began to flicker to life as he sat behind the controls and looked up the mission objectives.

[All Systems Green. Brillainte is running at 100% effeciency. Ready to launch.]

"Then let's go."

He launches when the order is given.
    ಠ_ರೃ
    ಠ_ರೃ

Character sheet

Post by ಠ_ರೃ Tue May 24, 2011 3:01 am

"Whoaaaaaaaaaahhhh"

Nagai looks excitedly at the cylinder.

"THIS IS SO COOL! IT'S LIKE I'M IN AN ANIME!"

He rushes downstairs with the cylinder, following the arrow

Character sheet

Post by [FAZE]xXx420blaz3sc0pexXx Tue May 24, 2011 3:07 am

"All systems green, armor at 100% durability. R-Field at max, powerplant at full power. Weapons are go. Everything's good to go, awaiting launch orders. Over."
    Mister Awesome
    Mister Awesome

Character sheet
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Mister Awesome Tue May 24, 2011 3:14 am

As you rush outside, wondering how you'll get across town in any reasonable amount of time, you ram straight into your next-door neighbor, Kyoko Usogao, who happens to have a motorcycle. You both fall over after colliding.

"Ow! Watch where you're going, idiot! You tryin' ta kill me or somethin'?!"

-----------------------

The three pilots launch, the Brilliante, of course, being equipped for flight, while Jacob can simply deploy his jump jets to make a clean landing. Mizuki is lowered to the ground manually to avoid damage.

Character sheet

Post by [FAZE]xXx420blaz3sc0pexXx Tue May 24, 2011 3:15 am

Jumping off the ship, Jacob activated the jump-jets and came to a relatively soft landing on the ground.

"Alright you two, form up on me. I'm the giant 100 ton multi-story tall red-and-green skull herald of death."
    ಠ_ರೃ
    ಠ_ರೃ

Character sheet

Post by ಠ_ರೃ Tue May 24, 2011 3:20 am

Nagai brushes himself off after the collision.

"Oh, hey Kyoko! Sorry about that, I'm kinda in a hurry! Say, can you take me someplace? I'll pay you..."

Nagai begins frantically digging in his pockets

"800 yen!"
    Mister Awesome
    Mister Awesome

Character sheet
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Mister Awesome Tue May 24, 2011 3:25 am

"Keep it, it'll make up for that time you bought me lunch in high school. Where do you need to go?"

Kyoko is already headed back towards her garage.
    ಠ_ರೃ
    ಠ_ರೃ

Character sheet

Post by ಠ_ರೃ Tue May 24, 2011 3:26 am

"The big hill on the east end! Hurry!"
    Imca
    Imca
    Admin

Character sheet
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Imca Tue May 24, 2011 3:34 am

"the specter is an artillery platform though, she is not meant for close range combat"
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Tue May 24, 2011 3:36 am

Lee simply gave a small smirk as his suit took flight effortlessly. The controls weren't exactly what he was expecting as they seemed a bit...laggy, but he simply made adjustments and made up for this short-coming by thinking ahead.

"Lee Annetts in the Brilliante. I'm procceeding with the objectives."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 am