Sunny's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunny's Forum

The official forum of the CCCP

+2
Lord Voldemort
Vriska Serket
6 posters

The real-life issues thread.

Vriska Serket
    Vriska Serket

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Vriska Serket
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

The real-life issues thread. Empty The real-life issues thread.

Post by Vriska Serket Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:37 am

Since I know a lot of people have things going on in their lives that they'd like to discuss, I decided to make a thread for it rather than having things go way off-topic in the WAOA discussion thread.

What this thread is for: Discussing real-life issues you are going through. Venting about real-life things. Essentially anything that's upsetting you that isn't connected to WAOA, like if you're sick or having issues in school or work or with family or whatever.

What this thread is NOT for: Complaining a8out other forum mem8ers.
    Lord Voldemort
    Lord Voldemort

Male Posts : 274

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name:
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

The real-life issues thread. Empty Re: The real-life issues thread.

Post by Lord Voldemort Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:44 am

I am having problems breathing through my nose for several weeks now. And only ''yesterday'' I actually bothered to get an appointment for the doctor next week. I hope it's nothing serious, but it's definitely annoying as hell.
    Irene
    Irene

Female Posts : 609

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Hydronix
    Character 2 Name: Cirno
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 am

Remember that annoying cough that started around December? Yeah, still there. And now I got a stuffy nostril.(not just the full nose, nope, my right nostril.) Oy vey.
    Kiril
    Kiril

Male Posts : 13
    Location : Wales, but if you put him anywhere else,he will hide in the wilderness.

Post by Kiril Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:49 am

With my nose, I can't breath through it, it's blocked and very painful to do anything with, still. Breathing through my mouth now, mouth and throat dry all of the time now.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Male Posts : 664
    Location : Australia. Yes, I'm surprised I'm still alive as well.

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Wren (Overlord)
    Character 2 Name: Falken
    Character 3 Name: Joshua Luminate

Post by 8-Bit Wren Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Probably not quite as relevant or minor as these other things here, but...

Well, I've been under a lot of pressure lately. Mainly to get a job. Problem is, there's nothing in the area that I'm actually good at. Being in a farming community and all that.

So, here's the two issues I've got. Firstly, I'm not sure what exactly what I should do, since, you know, nothing available unless I want to DIE doing farm-work. Even more problematic is the fact most of those jobs are full-time, meaning...I'd be on WAOA and all that a LOT less.

Secondly, I don't even know if I'd be fit to even BE in a work enviroment. While it's true I AM dedicated to my job, I have a very short fuse at the worst of times. So, what should I do?

Don't exactly expect anyone to answer, but...I'm kinda at the end of my rope here.
    Raidou
    Raidou

Male Posts : 262

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Rosalyn
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Raidou Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Least you're in a place where you're guaranteed to find work if you were willing to do it. I can't find anyplace that has a job opening. Been searching for over a month now, no luck. And I'm not likely to find any this month either...not that I'm the only one in my area with such little luck.

As far as that second point, though, well, do what most people do. Bite your tongue if you feel like being snippy. Failing that...just...don't take the job. Find something else. Dunno what other jobs are in Australia, though...
    Vriska Serket
    Vriska Serket

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Vriska Serket
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Vriska Serket Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:29 am

How a8out something where you don't have to deal with people quite as often, like doing packing or stocking for a store? I don't know if it's the same way in Australia 8ut a lot of supermarkets or chain stores need people who can come in at night when the store is closed and put out merchandise. You'd still have to 8e careful not to 8low up at co-workers or 8osses of course, 8ut may8e it would 8e less stressful for you if you weren't working for the pu8lic. Something like data entry could also 8e good if you could get it; may8e it would 8e a 8it 8oring 8ut it wouldn't 8e physically strenuous.

Not sure what all would 8e availa8le to you though.
    Irene
    Irene

Female Posts : 609

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Hydronix
    Character 2 Name: Cirno
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:51 am

@Wren: May I ask something? Is it customers or people in general that are hard for you to deal with?

If it's the former, you can get jobs that basically Ozzy said. If it's the latter, you want a desk job. Outside of meetings, you shouldn't have much to deal with.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:31 pm

@Rai: Not quite that easy to find work as I made out. Been looking for any sort of job that I'd be able to do for the last...well, five months. Closest thing I already applied for and they never replied.

As for jobs? Farming, farming, stuff that I wouldn't be qualifed for, more farming, teaching Sports and...yeah. Zilch.

@Vriska: Funny you should mention that. While there is the local grocery store and they could use help, considering it's knowledge that I have...problems I'd rather not discuss, they flat-out refuse to give me a job because of said problems despite actually doing work-experience there before hand and doing VERY well.

@Hydro: For the most part, it's probably both. I'm not exactly very good at taking customers yelling at me. I mean, a desk job would be a good idea, apart from the fact there's no actual 'buisnesses' to do that sort of thing.

Still, might as well keep trying. Hopefully there's something that I'd be able to manage.
    8-Bit Wren
    8-Bit Wren

Character sheet

Post by 8-Bit Wren Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:18 am

...And here I was thinking that I wouldn't be posting here again. ...Not like anyone's going to read it, though, but...might as well.
    ---
    Let's start. ...Um, in case people don't know already, I've got moderate to slightly severe depression which has probably been a bit more noticable since my anti-depressants have been taken away by some crackpot after being on them for several years. It's been two months now and, obviously it's beginning to show since I'm constantly feeling low and worthless.

...Then there's the problem with people in RL that I see every few days for LAN games who constantly insult my ability to play and the fact that I'm practically a nobody, that I'll never amount to anything and that I should just crawl into a corner and die. ...But considering we're stuck in the team, I can't quit since they have no-one to be a replacement.

More recently...Molly died yesterday. In case you don't know, she was our pet kitten and a snake got her. She wasn't even a year old. :(

...Lastly, I'd say something else but it's not important and it doesn't matter too much...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:20 pm