Sunny's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunny's Forum

The official forum of the CCCP

3 posters

ITT: Telling people about Really Awesome Things Other People Have Probably Never Heard Of

Raidou
    Raidou

Male Posts : 262

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Rosalyn
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

ITT: Telling people about Really Awesome Things Other People Have Probably Never Heard Of Empty ITT: Telling people about Really Awesome Things Other People Have Probably Never Heard Of

Post by Raidou Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:50 am

Okay, this thread is for gushing about things other people have never heard of, and that you think they should be aware of. Could be either really unpopular, obscure, or new. Could be about anything from manga to webcomics to television shows to video games to tabletop games to books. Just go hog wild with it. I'll probably be making an addition every few days or so, just because.

Note: Yes, you can advertise for your own stuff here if you really want to. I won't be doing it, but other people probably will want to.

Today's Really Awesome Thing Other People Should Be Aware Of: Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!, or rather,
    It’s Not My Fault That I’m Not Popular!

ITT: Telling people about Really Awesome Things Other People Have Probably Never Heard Of Its-not-my-fault-that-im-not-popular-l0

Official Description
    Kuroki Tomoko is a super popular, high school girl, who has had 50 years of dating experience, and 100 boys... in the Otome game world. In the real world, she is a 15 year old shut in, who has all of the qualities of a "mojo."

However, when school isn't going as she expected, and she isn't as popular as she had thought she was, she takes a look at herself in the mirror for the first time in a few years, and has some shocking revelations...

Why you should see it
    I found this thing while I was surfing /a/. They translated five chapters by themselves in the span of 48 hours. I got curious. I looked it up, along with the translations of the manga. By the end of the third chapter, my nutbladder was already about to kill me it was so fucking cute/hilarious/depressing.

While the story probably isn't anything special in theory, just another story of a really unsocial nerd who is just barely trying to overcome those issues, there's one main pull for this particular story; It's really damn funny...and sad, but mostly funny.

ITT: Telling people about Really Awesome Things Other People Have Probably Never Heard Of Its-not-my-fault-that-im-not-popular-2710339

The main character is this cute 1st year highschool girl named Kuroki Tomo with extremely large circles under her eyes and a complete lack of understanding of how to socialize. She likes manga, visual novels, video games, the works...and for those of you who were social nerds with really few friends in highschool, she's you. Every chapter concerns her trying to figure out how to attain some semblance of a normal life as a highschool student, despite her mojoness getting in the way. Pretty much the embodiment of "I know that feel, bro". Although, I'm guessing most of you weren't so bad at socialization that you had to try practicing talking to your own brother just to relearn out how to carry a semi-normal conversation. Smile

ITT: Telling people about Really Awesome Things Other People Have Probably Never Heard Of Its-not-my-fault-that-im-not-popular-2710355

Conclusion
    It's gotten recent translations, so I thought it'd be a nice one to start off this sort of thread. That, and I wanted to get some people outside of 4chan interested. Look it up soon as you can. One of the best slices of life comedy mangas in recent times...plus, the main character is cute. Hard to go wrong with that.
    Joey JoJo Shabadoo
    Joey JoJo Shabadoo

Male Posts : 96

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name:
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

ITT: Telling people about Really Awesome Things Other People Have Probably Never Heard Of Empty Re: ITT: Telling people about Really Awesome Things Other People Have Probably Never Heard Of

Post by Joey JoJo Shabadoo Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:41 am

Theory Of Everything Comics

Has a bunch of stories covering from the present to the future and presents in an easy-to-understand manner. I personally recommend the Devil and Monk Comics
    Etheru
    Etheru

Male Posts : 267

ITT: Telling people about Really Awesome Things Other People Have Probably Never Heard Of Empty Re: ITT: Telling people about Really Awesome Things Other People Have Probably Never Heard Of

Post by Etheru Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:39 am

Mina and the Count

Description

About a vampire (named "The Count") whom, when going to a house, finds that his assistant Igor accidentally sent him to the wrong one, and ends up with a little girl, Mina, whom he befriends. There are six shorts.

Why you should see it

If you like old Cartoon Network shows, I think this is a pretty good one (even if it did air on Nickelodeon for a time), because much of the humor is evocative of them (characters caught in weird situations, rife with Aesops that provide no practical use to the average viewer, and Rule Of Funny all around). There are also quite a few recognizable talents, like Mark Hamill as the Count (and he stays that way throughout the shorts), Tara Strong as Mina, and Jeff Bennet as Igor. I think they're fun little shorts.

Conclusion
    It's a nice little series, I think people with a little Nostalgia for Cartoon Network's old shows like Powerpuff Girls or Grim Adventures would like it (this series actually helped inspire that one, apparently).

The series can be found on Youtube, which will be linked... Now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noArYD__29g

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:18 pm