arcadiarika

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Catherine Grayson
    Character 2 Name: Michael
    Character 3 Name:

Leaving or Staying?

Post by arcadiarika on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Well, it has come to this.

I admit, it has been a good run. I enjoyed playing We Are Our Avatars back in April 2009, when I was still somewhat new to the TV Tropes forum. Despite all the problems there, I still had fun, regardless.

However, in late 2010 and on, I pretty much felt...lost. It wasn't a problem in 2010, but it was one the next year. Like how, in 2009, some people complained that WAOA was the "3Dee and Xenos Show" due to the plots focusing on them and whoever's connected to them; to me, WAOA has slowly felt like it's the "Chuck and Friends" show.

Because I had pretty much no range of people I had to talk with in terms of characters, aside from a few (Wren, Kirb, maybe Raidou, Etheru, maybe Lemurian), I just felt...excluded. Because I wasn't one of those roleplayers who Chuck likes. Because of my attitude.

I have realized that my attitude towards the rest, the ones I don't talk to, has pretty much been the reason why I'm not considered a good roleplayer, the reason why my characters are, pretty much, Demoted to Extras. And as much as I liked playing, I honestly feel that I shouldn't belong here, at the same time--because while I can try to improve on my attitude and be a lot less vitriolic towards myself and everyone else, I don't really think that I can improve on the other stuff, the weirdness.

So, tl;dr, I like playing, but due to my negativity, I honestly realize why people don't want to play with me.

Now it has come to this. You can choose to say if you want to keep me around or not, in light of this news. And yes, the second "no" option had to be added so that way, they don't have to feel like they're just clicking either a "yes" or "no".

So, what do you guys think? Should I even stay in WAOA, or do you think that my time is, and should be, over?
    [FAZE]xXx420blaz3sc0pexXx

Male Posts : 420

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Roland
    Character 2 Name: Mordecai
    Character 3 Name: Lilith

Re: Leaving or Staying?

Post by [FAZE]xXx420blaz3sc0pexXx on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:02 am

inb4lock

But in all seriousness, your negativity is what is keeping people away from you. It's a step forwards that you've realized what the problem is, and now you'll figure out how to curb your negativity.

The thing is, sometimes people just go "off". Sometimes they need a little break to recharge inspiration. Breaks evidently haven't helped you.

I'm really sorry to say that if all these breaks and such haven't helped you out, then your sun has set, and you may need to move on. Try taking one more short break, but if you're really that tired, it's probably time to set out for greener pastures.

Of course, I can only offer an opinion: I can't actually make you leave or stay. It is your choice in the end, I'm just giving advice.
    Irene

Female Posts : 609

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Hydronix
    Character 2 Name: Cirno
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Irene on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:23 am

No. Take a break. Recharge.

Honestly, I really like you there. You have good characters. They are interesting, well-developed, and aren't one-note either. They've improved quite a lot.

It helps you're one of my favorite roleplayers. Yes, you make mistakes, but so does everyone. The biggest thing that I find a problem, if anything, is that sometimes you metagame, and the wangst... yeah. But that's it. I'd rather you come back when you have the time to do so.
    arcadiarika

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Catherine Grayson
    Character 2 Name: Michael
    Character 3 Name:

Post by arcadiarika on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:48 am

@ Sparty (and Hydro, to an extent): In all fairness, I did state that I was planning to take a break in WAOA already. However, it'll be a longer one, which is perfect, especially since I have no idea when the hell the group would leave...that one place Mimi and Sunny suggested (I forgot already, sorry :( ).

Longer breaks, such as that of The Great Break of 2010-2011 (where I was grounded), helped me a bit. I could try to focus on something more positive, like...I dunno, making positive liveblogs or some shit. (And no, praising a part that doesn't suck in an otherwise-sucky work, I feel, doesn't count.)

And I do see your point. Though...if I do decide to leave WAOA, then I could try to do another roleplay, like WAOAA. I don't have to leave entirely if I don't want.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:15 am