Sunny's Forum

The official forum of the CCCP

Ask the Pelysians (Martin, Liza, Eriwyn, etc.)

ಠ_ರೃ

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Luca
    Character 2 Name: Garcie
    Character 3 Name: Sapph

Ask the Pelysians (Martin, Liza, Eriwyn, etc.)

Post by ಠ_ರೃ on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:10 am

Yet another ask thread, this time centering around the characters from Pelys, the original fantasy setting of the not-yet-written "Spellshatter" saga. (Name tentative. I really should get writing on it)

Characters available for asking here include: Martin, Arthur, Liza, Kole, Prince Eriwyn, Leod, and in an Early Bird Cameo, the Emperor of Pelys himself.

Feel free to ask whatever you like.
    Lord Voldemort

Male Posts : 274

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name:
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Re: Ask the Pelysians (Martin, Liza, Eriwyn, etc.)

Post by Lord Voldemort on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:18 am

Could you all introduce yourself shortly? Preferably with full name, occupation, and a general overview of your hobbies and/or personalities?

~bows before the Emperor~

Of course, except for you, Sire. For you, this would be completely optional.
    Hat
    Admin

Female Posts : 305

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name: Lucy
    Character 2 Name: Erik
    Character 3 Name: Yanmie

Post by Hat on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:37 am

Loot?
    ಠ_ರೃ

Character sheet

Post by ಠ_ರೃ on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:46 am

Lord English wrote:Could you all introduce yourself shortly? Preferably with full name, occupation, and a general overview of your hobbies and/or personalities?

~bows before the Emperor~

Of course, except for you, Sire. For you, this would be completely optional.

Martin: Absolutely, good sir! I am Martin Quorem, son of Percival. I have no formal occupation, mostly doing odd jobs from city to city, performing on the street, and living off the land. Through a series of circumstances, I found myself inspiring a rebellion. So naturally, I felt I had to aid them. My hobbies include playing the lute, swordfighting, and writing tales of heroism. I like to think of myself as the heroic type: kind, compassionate, brave, and dashing. Though I am well aware I have much to work on.

Liza: I'm Liza Arcan. I mostly do mercenary work these days... long story how I got into that that I don't feel like sharing. Though nowadays I'm Martin's bodyguard. Guy's strong, but he needs all the guidance he can get. I spend most of my time trying to learn new spells. For me, it's its own reward, and considering how many times it's saved my life, well... as for personality, I don't particularly like describing myself.

Arthur: Arthur Gerthum. I'm a hunter, though nowadays I work for Martin and the rebellion. I enjoy a good drink, good company, and a good woman! I adore them... everything about them. Though... I must admit I've had far more failures than successes, in that regard. I'm sure the woman for me's out there somewhere, though.

Kole: Oh, me? I'm Kole Greenwich, sir! I capture, raise, and breed exotic creatures to sell to rich nobles... I adore each little drake, and sylph, and wyvern... they're all my family. So it's really sad to have to sell them, but I always make sure that they're being well taken care of. I mostly enjoy e-exploring and spending time with my creatures... I don't really have time for much else, but I don't mind! I-I guess I'm maybe a little shy and soft sp-spoken... but I'd like to think I'm kind and caring.

Eriwyn: I, Eriwyn son of Velcarri, am the prince and heir apparent of the most powerful nation on the continent! Everyone knows my name, and fear it, and you should too! I spend my days on the front lines, not because I have to, but because I do very much enjoy seeing my armies in person. As for my other hobbies? I do whatever I feel like! Personality? I'm perfect in every way. Well, I am perhaps a little too modest. I should work on that a little!

Leod: Name's Leod. Leod Scarlet. I'm a general in Velcarri's personal army, and his most trusted one. Hobbies? Don't have time for that anymore. My only concern is giving my all to the man who's done so much to keep the peace here.

Emperor Velcarri: Rise, sir. I am Velcarri, Emperor of Pelys. Ever since I was first crowned Emperor, my only concern has been what is best for my country. And for 30 years, I have kept security here despite secretarian revolts, bickering, greedy nobles, unrest among the peasantry, financial crises, invaders from all sides, and even the occasional megalomaniacal sorceror. And I do not intend to give up power any time soon. Some may criticize my methods, but I believe that the end result has been worth it. As for the current rebellion, it is a sad state of affairs, but one that can easily be dealt with. And I do have a plan, though I do not intend to reveal it.

Lewtbit wrote:Loot?

Martin: ...I apologize, but I cannot part with anything.

Arthur: ...Here, have a scroll of combustion.

Kole: Would... would you like some drake scales? They glisten in the sunlight. I-I have plenty.

Eriwyn: Guards? Get this beggar woman out of my sight!
    Lord Voldemort

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name:
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Lord Voldemort on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:13 am

@Liza: Spells, huh? So you are a magician? Can you explain to me how Magic works in your world?

@Eriwyn: ...I feel really tempted to make a joke about your name in relation to your "Royal" behavior, but, on second thought... I wwon't.

@Emperor Velcarri: What do you think of the concept of Democracy? Do you think that giving the Peasantry and Bourgeoisie more chances to decide for themselves (if executed correctly) could actually prove helpful for them in the long run?
    ಠ_ರೃ

Character sheet

Post by ಠ_ರೃ on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Lord English wrote:@Liza: Spells, huh? So you are a magician? Can you explain to me how Magic works in your world?

@Eriwyn: ...I feel really tempted to make a joke about your name in relation to your "Royal" behavior, but, on second thought... I wwon't.

@Emperor Velcarri: What do you think of the concept of Democracy? Do you think that giving the Peasantry and Bourgeoisie more chances to decide for themselves (if executed correctly) could actually prove helpful for them in the long run?

Liza: It's a very complex procedure, so I won't be too specific. All spells start by channeling mana. Mana is, essentially, an energy field that exists in the background of the universe. As far as we know, it always existed, and there's enough of it that we're in no danger of running out.

To cast a spell, one must first memorize an enchantment. It's a simple phrase that one concentrates on in order to perform the spell. You also have to think about what you're doing, and picture it in your head. More complex spells take more concentration. For instance, if I were to move a block with telekineses from point A to B, I have to concentrate on the spell words, as well as picture the block moving as well as the forces on the block that are being created. It's very complex, but it gets easier with practice.

Magic is divided into spells and enchantments. Spells are simply bringing about something in the world that was not there previously. This can be something like a rock, food, a fireball, or something that couldn't be created by ordinary means, like a magical barrier that blocks other spells, or a circle that teleports one who steps in it to another area. Enchantments are working magic on something that already exist. Like crumbling a rock, moving a boulder, lighting an arrow on fire (a favorite of Arthur), or reinforcing a brick wall. The procedures are very different, but the underlying mechanics are the same. I specialize in spells, Arthur enchantments.

It's really a very elegant process, honestly. In fact, it's so useful and easy enough to perform that many philosophers believe that the inherent usability of magic, the existence of spell words, and the like proves that it was created by a divine being to help us. Me, I don't know. I wish I could say that I believed in a god (well, one that watched over our world. I've met others), but I have to wonder why she let the world go to hell like this.

...Was that a good enough explanation, or do you need more?

Eriwyn: What? What is that supposed to mean? Is there something I'm not getting?

Velcarri: What is this "democracy"?
    Lord Voldemort

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name:
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Lord Voldemort on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:47 pm

@Liza: Oh, can you tell me more about those people who believe in such a divine being? Have they formed an actual cult, or...?

@Velcarri: Oh, basically, Democracy means "Reign of the People". It is a form of government that exists to ensure that the majority of the citizens in a town or country get what they want by holding Elections and referendums. In the former, all people in a given town vote for who they think is the most qualified person for a particular position of power, like the town's steward, or the Captain of the Watch. Once the Election has been held, the person that received the most votes from the public gets said position. This is to ensure that the position in question is not attained through bribery or other illegal means other than being the most competent one for the job.

ಠ_ರೃ

Character sheet

Post by ಠ_ರೃ on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:54 am

Chuck wrote:@Liza: Oh, can you tell me more about those people who believe in such a divine being? Have they formed an actual cult, or...?

@Velcarri: Oh, basically, Democracy means "Reign of the People". It is a form of government that exists to ensure that the majority of the citizens in a town or country get what they want by holding Elections and referendums. In the former, all people in a given town vote for who they think is the most qualified person for a particular position of power, like the town's steward, or the Captain of the Watch. Once the Election has been held, the person that received the most votes from the public gets said position. This is to ensure that the position in question is not attained through bribery or other illegal means other than being the most competent one for the job.

Liza: The most predominant religion here is the church of Azera, some sort of divine dragon with absolute power over magic. It's pretty notable for being monotheistic, while all the others are polytheistic. It emphasizes good works, responsible magic use, and worship. I can give you more details if you want.

Velcarri: Giving the uneducated mass that sort of power? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, if you ask me. What the people want is not always what they need.
    Lord Voldemort

Character sheet
    Character 1 Name:
    Character 2 Name:
    Character 3 Name:

Post by Lord Voldemort on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:28 am

Sure, I love Dragon Gods! :D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:15 am